Sunday, May 12, 2013

A Modest Introduction

I have no idea how to start my first blog post.

I think that's about the fifth introduction I've tried so far, and for lack of a better one, it's what we're going with.

The reason I wanted to start a blog was to have a creative outlet for my first summer in which I don't have to do... well, anything. I'll be heading out in the fall to Yale Divinity School and I'm spending a good amount of my time reading theology books to help prepare me. Ideally, this blog can serve as a place for me to process some of what I'm reading as well as a place to not entirely lose my writing abilities over the summer. I'll probably end up posting my thoughts on theology, life, and everything else about once or twice a week.

But more importantly, I hope this blog is an opportunity to let you, my friends, into my mind and life more than I was necessarily able to for the past few years, as well as a new way to stay connected. I anticipate I'll spend less time on facebook over the next few months, and so this will probably be the best way to hear what's going on with me.

As I start blogging by admitting I don't really know what I'm going to write, I think that's how it ought to be (in my case, at least). I know that there will be plenty of brilliant people who have better ideas that are better articulated and better supported, but my writings don't aim to give you the absolute answer to everything; they're really just what I think about the way things are, and I might not even agree with myself at the end of my post. But that's the privilege of being in process- I might be confused, I might be wrong, and I know that I will ramble to no end, but maybe we'll get somewhere. And if nothing else, I'm sure I'll learn a lot even if it wasn't what I aimed to understand in the first place.

And so, I invite you to join me- stumbling through an attempt to understand our bizarre but beautiful world, and the God who made it such.

No comments:

Post a Comment